Weekly Weigh-In and Comfort Foods

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Well - I'm getting back on track.

I'm learning so much at my weekly meetings, so many things about myself that I need to focus on (or STOP focusing on) in order to be successful.

I hope to share some of these revelations with you in the coming weeks.

This week - I lost the pound I had gained.  So in all actuality - I haven't really changed weight in the past 2 weeks, but I had not been working very hard either.

I have to learn to find comfort in things BESIDES food when stress gets me down.

One of our assignments was to make a list of all the things we can use for comfort.  Here are some of the things I've come up with:

  • Take a bubble bath
  • Walk the dog or pet the cat
  • Get out of the house and take pictures
  • WRITE (blog) about my feelings
  • Play an ACTIVE game on the Wii
This is just the beginning of the list I will use to get out of my rut of using food as a comfort.  I think it is amazing how everything in our culture (and many cultures) is celebrated with FOOD!  And usually - it isn't healthy food! 

Birthdays - CAKE AND ICE CREAM. 

Graduation - CAKE, ICE CREAM, and FATTY FINGER FOODS!

Church Functions - PITCH-INS OF EVERY KIND OF IRRESISTABLE FOOD POSSIBLE!

Reunions - Unhealthy food, usually accompanied by alcohol!


WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS!!!

So, as Michael Jackson said [paraphrased]:

I'm starting with the [wo]man in the mirror . . .
I'm starting with ME!

One step at a time.


What other things can you use to celebrate or take comfort in, besides food??  Leave it in the comments!!

1 comments:

queen.meb said...

Hmm, what indeed? This is a bad week to ask me this question! All I can think about is food! Lol, but when I was good I used distractions like ukulele lessons/practicing, dance class/practicing, fun stuff that interested me but that engaged me enough to where that hour I spent practicing chords or dance steps I didn't think about food! Now I'm trying painting, it's frustrating enought to keep me busy for hours! What have you always wanted to do? Do it!!

Time for a Change in Me Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino