Trying not to be bummed

Friday, April 18, 2008

I did pretty well this week - stayed within my allotted POINTS, but didn't get a whole lot of water or activity in.

I gained .6 of a pound.

I know it isn't that much, but it is difficult to deal with anyway. I think I tend to relax a little on the weekends because I weigh in on Friday mornings. I am going to try and be pretty strict this week to see if it helps.

I went looking for some motivation and found it in this article, and I thought I would share it with all of you. It comes from a great 'getting healthy' FREE resource called SparkPeople.


The article lists 25 Ways to get back on track today. I am going to share a few of the points here, and if it motivates you as well - check out the rest of the article.


Start out small with your workouts - some is better than nothing!

Start with breakfast! A healthy breakfast starts your day off on the right foot.

DRINK YOUR WATER. If you have a hard time doing this, like I do, try some of the great things they have out now to FLAVOR your water. My new FAVORITE is the Crystal Light Cherry Pomegranate.

Track everything that you put in your mouth. It really makes you think before you eat something.

Check the nutritional facts before you go out to eat. I like to use The Daily Plate to look up this type of information.

Slow down when you eat. I have a major problem with this. I need to learn to CHEW my food. I have always been so busy that I have never taken the time to enjoy what I'm eating. I have noticed that when I take my time when eating - I do better with not eating too much.

and finally . . .

Use things that motivate you - like listening to an inspirational song. I created an iTunes playlist of inspirational songs - now I'm going to create a weight-loss motivational playlist.

What do you do to get motivated???

0 comments:

Time for a Change in Me Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino